Monday, May 29, 2006

While I was trying to figure what my background sets will look like for this short, I remembered a scene from Chuck Jone's Duck Amuck where Daffy is going all crazy and yelling at whoever's messing with him.
(it ends up being Bugs Bunny)

The background has a child like drawing quality to it, very simple. I might do some tests to copy this. I think with a white background with very little detal, Bare will stand out that much more showcasing my animation........hmm..

The two pics below are kind of what I'm thinking. The 1st one is from Duck Amuck and the second is from a CG set some guy made. It's way too realitic for me, but you get the idea... I hope.



4 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Blogger Supercrazykid said...

Ah that could look cool if they were had a hand drawn look, but the CG-Toon line look would be lame I think, dunno what you're thinking exectly.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Supercrazykid said...

Also, I think it works well for that toon cause Daffy is the only character in it. You have all the spectators and baby, would they be line too?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Buckley said...

I'll try and hammer something out tonight to show what I mean.

Check this out, this is a little more complicated version of what I want it to look like:

http://www.pocketmovies.net/detail_128.html

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger The Walshman said...

A couple of ideas... of course if you start with 3D you have to "model in" the childish quality, but in terms of efficiently getting that look while still taking advantage of 3D you could: 1) use a displacement map in a simple render to chuck some variation into a simple toon black-white render... and then mess that up a bit in photoshop 2) just build yer stuff all wonky, screen grab it, print and draw all over it until you get the look!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home