Saturday, May 27, 2006

YEAH!

So my process for this thing is going to go like this:


1) Get the idea out in a script format.
2) Start boarding this whole thing.
3) Get an idea of what everybody and everthing is going to look like.
4) Get those drawings to people who know how to make it in Maya.
5) While the models are being created, I'll re-do the boards and figure out what needs to go and stay story wise. I may have a "kick off party" where I'll show the short in the boarded stage to friends and ask them what to keep and loose. I think that's going to be pretty tough, while all of my animator friends are great and skills are amazing, showing something to them that I'll be asking them to tear apart might be tough on my fragle ego. I'll buy a brand new cry pillow for that night.
6)Test the models while setting up the 3d animatic
7)Start animating
8) When I get the animation to a place where I can't take it any further, I'll have a animation party ( yes I'll buy the booze) where I'll invite people that I know are good animators and get them to help me go over the animation and help me push it.
9) More animation
10) Now this is when it's going to be tricky. I'm either going to try and shop this thing around just as a reel and maybe get a new job, or I can try to see if where I'm currently working would want to use it to shop around as a short film..... I dunno yet, let's see if it's good enough......
11) Sleep.


So far I've done steps 1-4 and I'm starting 5.

My Production Manager , Brooke Van Hatten is cracking the whip to get a kick off party sooner than later so that my story will be a little more solid that it is now with the imput from my friends. So hopefully I can agrange that in the next week or so.


Buck Lee

3 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger CORSIWORLD said...

Like the old A-Team saying goes: "I love it when a plan comes together"!!!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Supercrazykid said...

Cool man, keep it up!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Ali C said...

Like I said, just let me know when I need to come over for my lead role. I am awaiting the script...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home